Not to exclude men - but to include and empower women.
Women Build is Habitat’s volunteer program for women interested in learning construction skills to make a difference through building in the community. No experience is necessary and training is provided.
Women Build 2015 begins Saturday, May 2 and runs through Saturday, July 11th. Click on the Volunteer Now button above to see available Women Build construction dates and sign up to join the fun!
Already registered to volunteer? We want your volunteer experience to be exceptional, so here are a few things to keep in mind...
Helpful Tips for a Great Day:
- Fuller’s Landing is located at 4376 W. Cook Rd. just west of the Huguenard Rd. and W. Cook Rd. intersection
- Please plan to arrive early – the build day will begin promptly at 8 a.m.
- The volunteer parking lot is across from the model home in the front of the neighborhood
- Please leave your valuables at home and do not store them in your pockets or car
- Wear appropriate clothes to work in (shorts no shorter than mid-thigh, shirts should cover shoulders, closed-toed tennis shoes or boots and no loose hanging jewelry)
- We pray the sun is always shining on volunteers so it is a good idea to bring sunscreenAll materials and tools will be provided by Fort Wayne Habitat but you are welcome to bring your own tool belt, hammer and/or work gloves
- Lunch is provided but if you have special dietary restrictions please plan to bring lunch for yourselfHabitat will provide bottled water for all volunteers
- We build rain or shine. But we will post delays or cancellations in the event of inclement weather by 7 a.m. the day of the build in the news section of the Fort Wayne Habitat website and on our Facebook page
- Have fun!
- Don’t stress about knowing how to do different construction tasks – there will be experienced volunteer crew leaders on site to teach and guide you every step of the way
What to expect on your build day…
- 7:45 a.m. Arrive at build site for check in
- 8:00 a.m. Welcome, devotion, prayer, safety instructions, job assignment
- 8:15 a.m. Construction begins
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 4:00 p.m. Volunteer day ends
Contact Habitat’s Development Director at 260.422.4828 or by e-mail for more information.